Monday, September 24, 2012

After so long...

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful,

A long hiatus, and in the hope to fill in the gaps left in this blog.
I'm a person of little words, that is if, we're talking about the physical world. 
In a class of 50, I can be the most quietest person sitting in the back row, 
and in a party or any celebratory occasions, I have a knack of making myself left out and invisible.

I prefer to watch and listen than to speak.

September 3rd, 2012; my second birthday. It marked the 2nd year I reverted to Islam.
Syukur Alhamdullilah.

My friends who often run usrah groups among themselves always talk about "tarbiyah Allah".

For quite some time, I cannot figure out the meaning of "tarbiyah". Arabic terms tend to confuse me, thus, before I get frustrated by people using them on me, I tend to avoid them first. 

But hey, ignorance is bliss, but they take you nowhere closer to the truth.
So now I came to learn the meaning of "tarbiyah", and now the meaning of "tarbiyah Allah".

apabila kita tahu akan diujiNya, kita akan bersangka kita akan diuji dgn ujian yg sama dengan jiran kita. Siapa tahu, pabila ujianNya datang, kita akan diuji dengan kekurangan yang mampu mencalar dan menggores jiwa sehingga kita menangis2 meminta tolong. Allah telah menetapkan setiap ujian berbeza dan khas utk setiap seorang hambaNya...dan hanya pabila kita berasakan seksa dan susah itu, baru kita katakan "Indahnya, dan manisnya terbiyah Allah Taala kepada kita".

I wrote this status some time ago on a friend's fb. Indeed, "tarbiyah Allah" should mean Allah's way of teaching us. "His education", is so unlike the education we get from school. Being tested by Allah, is like having a brick wall put right ahead of you without any means of going through it. Complete darkness and helplessness.

That is our cue to turn to Allah Himself. Subhallah, Allah will always bring us through it.

To put the greatness of Allah's education to His servants, I know this little metaphor isn't enough, but that's the general idea of it.

I recently am inspired by other brothers and sisters of MRM (Malaysia Reverted Muslims) https://www.facebook.com/MalaysiaRevertedMuslim?ref=stream
to start writing again, in the hope to share experiences and to learn from each other, for Allah, for our Deen.


I will share my journey, insyaallah, and hope you'll share yours too.




No comments:

Post a Comment