Friday, January 21, 2011

a letter to Ma


Ma,

I'm sorry i couldn't let you know earlier,
things like these are too hard to explain,
why i chose to seek God,
why i need God in my life,
why do i seek the truth,
and ultimately,
why i have found Islam.



Ma,

you keep telling me to be tough,
because in many ways you have been that,
in your life, you needed to,
working your way up,
through determination, preservation, and thriftiness,
you fought hard times with your courage,
you are a true hero,

and i am none, but a mere weakling.

But Ma,

the day i found Allah,
the day He found me,
He gave me strength that i've never had before,
a limitless source of strength,
so that i can stand up on my own,
and that i can now pave,
the path He hath set before me,

i am no longer lost now, Ma,
i know what i need to do in my life.

Ma,

Islam has never changed me,
Instead, it makes me better,
happier, and more at peace within myself,

It will never change my love for you,
for dad, for our family, never,

instead,
It only deepens this love,
It only teaches me to appreciate you more,

and i never mean this,
if this is going to hurt,
the moment the truth comes out.

Ma,

will you accept me as who i am now?
will you not be disappointed, and
see me a daughter you no longer need?

Ma,

21 years ago, you gave me life,
will you allow me now,
the me that have found Allah,
to continue being you daughter?

Ma,

I'm sorry i have to keep things from you,
I'm sorry things have to be so,

I'm sorry if this is going to hurt,

but please,

know that this path i chose,
has brought nothing but goodness,
in me, my life, my soul.

Ma,

Islam is nothing to be afraid of,
Islam has been the faith, since the beginning of time,
Islam is everything that teaches you about life,
Islam is, God's way of loving us.

and if you can understand it,

Islam is truly beautiful.

Ma,

People will tell you i made the wrong choice,
People will talk behind you, behind me,
things that are hurtful, painful,
People will say, their assumptions,
but Ma,

these are those that have yet to understand,
in these times, please Ma,

be patient, and have faith in God,
trust in Him, trust in me,
smile to them and... just smile.


Ma,

so many things so beautiful about Allah,
that i so want to share with you,
so many times i want you to feel,
the feelings that shook my soul,

if only you will understand.

and Ma,
when the moment comes,
for you to know this truth,
just keep it in your heart that,
no matter what is going to happen,

i will always love you.

i will always be your daughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment